SCOPE AND APPLICATION
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We only collect information that you directly provide to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, and other information you choose to provide. We receive and store any information that you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you will not be able to take advantage of many of the features of our Services, including receiving pricing or making a reservation.
In order to use the Services, you must first create an account by providing your first and last name, email or phone number, and creating a password. We collect all such information that you provide in creating your account. You may also provide such information if you participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service; provide information in your account or profile; communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; provide employer information when opening a corporate account; provide reviews; or employ our personal notification services, if any. As a result of those actions, you may supply us with booking or reservation information such as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; and content of reviews and emails to us. We use the information that you provide for our general commercial purposes including to allow us and our corporate affiliates and/or subsidiaries to respond to your requests, improve and customize future Services, and communicate with you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
LOCATION INFORMATION: When you permit the Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we typically collect the precise location of your trip via your device when the application or website is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your Internet Protocol (IP) address when necessary.
TRANSACTION INFORMATION: We collect transaction details related to your use of the Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
DEVICE INFORMATION: We may collect information about your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
CALL AND SMS DATA: The Services may facilitate communications between Clients and Drivers. In connection with facilitating such task(s), we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ telephone numbers, and if applicable, the content of the SMS message.
LOG INFORMATION: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information such as device IP address, access dates and times, application or website features or pages viewed, application or website crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party sites or applications you were using before interacting with our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with the information we collect through the Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log into your Services account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our Application Programming Interface (API) or whose API we use, then we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of our enterprise solutions, we may receive information about you from your employer.
- Drivers may provide us with a user rating after providing transport services to you.
- If you also interact with the Services in another capacity, for instance as a Driver or user of other applications or websites that we provide, we may combine or associate that information with the information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Client or rider in a vehicle.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services that you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Clients and Drivers, develop safety features, authenticate Clients, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of the Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testingtests, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split-fare requests, or sharing of ETAs;
- Send you communications that we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Luxy and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including providing or recommending features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
- With Drivers to enable them to provide the transportation services that you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average user rating given by Drivers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Drivers;
- With other Clients and/or other riders if using a ride-sharing option; and with other people, as directed by you, such as when you want to share your ETA or split a fare with a friend;
- With third parties to provide you a Service that you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other applications or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate;
- With third parties to either display advertising through the Services or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities based upon your browsing activities and interests on this and other sites in order to provide you advertisements. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of providing you with interest-based ads, you may opt-out of their use of your information on those other websites. Please note that you will continue to receive non-specific generic advertisements.
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer (e.g., an expense management service provider), if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With (i) Luxy corporate affiliates and/or subsidiaries that provide the Services; (ii) independent third-party transportation providers and third-party logistics providers, including transportation network company drivers, transportation charter permit holders or holders of similar transportation permits, authorizations or licenses (collectively, “Transport Providers”) that provide transportation and/or logistics services through the Services; and/or (iii) entities that conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other providers who we determine need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Client agreement(s), terms and conditions of services or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Luxy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you of, and you consent to, the sharing; and/or;
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online Luxy account or app. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, in some cases, we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
Luxy will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, objection, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for the Service’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of the Services. Additionally, disabling the Service’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Driver’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your device’s IP address.
We may also seek permission for the Service’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, IOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in those messages. If you opt out by unsubscribing, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Luxy does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
COOKIES AND ADVERTISING
Please refer to our cookie statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com, or write us at 30 Controls Drive, Shelton, CT 06484.